Chronograph

Chronograph

Postby L-S-R » 2010.04.11. 23:22

Hi there guys, what type/make of chronograph will you use in the Championships. Will it be accurately calibrated? Is 16joule equilivent to 12ft/lb if so what is the maximum H&N Baracuda 10.5g .177 can run at?
Also will each competitor be chronographed and if so what will the procedure be? Will your pellets be checked before to ensure correct weight/type etc?
Will there be a chronograph lane on the course on the day of the shoot, so that each passing shooter can get their gun checked, or will it be done before the shoot at registration?
Thanks Conor
L-S-R
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 2010.02.11. 16:11

Re: Chronograph

Postby kzozee » 2010.04.12. 15:43

L-S-R wrote: Is 16joule equilivent to 12ft/lb if so what is the maximum H&N Baracuda 10.5g .177 can run at?


400ftps :evil:
User avatar
kzozee
 
Posts: 635
Joined: 2010.01.08. 21:05
Location: Vecsés

Re: Chronograph

Postby doki » 2010.04.13. 03:13

L-S-R wrote:Hi there guys, what type/make of chronograph will you use in the Championships. Will it be accurately calibrated? Is 16joule equilivent to 12ft/lb if so what is the maximum H&N Baracuda 10.5g .177 can run at?
Also will each competitor be chronographed and if so what will the procedure be? Will your pellets be checked before to ensure correct weight/type etc?
Will there be a chronograph lane on the course on the day of the shoot, so that each passing shooter can get their gun checked, or will it be done before the shoot at registration?
Thanks Conor

See this, section 7 :
http://www.fieldtarget.hu/files/dokumentumok/VB/HFTA_Rulebook_2010.pdf
We mostly use: Shooting chrony alpha
It is not officially certified, it is calibrated by the factory. (We of course compare it with certified chrony-s.) That is also the reason why we have some tolerance range of the power (max 6,5% - not the speed, the power).
12ft/lb is 16,3Joule.
10.5 grain HN Barracuda (0,69 gram) - speed for 16,3 Joule is 217 meter/sec (max tolerance is 224 meter/sec). - see the attachment of the rulebook.
The procedure is described in the HFTA Rulebook as attached (section 7).
The average pellet weight (printed on the tin) is used.
The testing will be done before the competition (each day), during the competition (testing lane), and after the competition.
AA-TX200HC + Sightron SIII 10-50x60
User avatar
doki
MFTSZ versenyző
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 2009.12.01. 23:21
Location: Budapest

Re: Chronograph

Postby L-S-R » 2010.04.13. 22:05

Thanks for the info guys, :up: sounds like a comprehensive testing procedure. :shock: :evil:
If I read it correct you intend to chrono each morning before the shoot begins.
Will you test after the shoot ends each day or is it just the final day?
Thanks Conor
L-S-R
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 2010.02.11. 16:11

Re: Chronograph

Postby doki » 2010.04.14. 23:41

L-S-R wrote:Thanks for the info guys, :up: sounds like a comprehensive testing procedure. :shock: :evil:
If I read it correct you intend to chrono each morning before the shoot begins.
Will you test after the shoot ends each day or is it just the final day?
Thanks Conor

Each day.
AA-TX200HC + Sightron SIII 10-50x60
User avatar
doki
MFTSZ versenyző
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 2009.12.01. 23:21
Location: Budapest

Re: Chronograph

Postby Dino » 2010.04.15. 18:20

L-S-R wrote:Will you test after the shoot ends each day or is it just the final day?


After this question you will be tested every half hour :evil:

See you in competition! :shoot:

Dino
HFT/FT: Daystate Panther - Edgar Bros 10x42
HFT: Daystate MK4St - Edgar Bros 10x42
User avatar
Dino
MFTSZ Elnök
 
Posts: 937
Joined: 2010.01.09. 18:16
Location: Győr-BP

Re: Chronograph

Postby L-S-R » 2010.04.17. 20:09

No problem, :up: I have nothing to hide :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just it may slow things up quite a bit, over 200 competitors before and after the shoot, will make it a VERY long day
L-S-R
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 2010.02.11. 16:11

Re: Chronograph

Postby doki » 2010.04.18. 06:20

L-S-R wrote:No problem, :up: I have nothing to hide :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just it may slow things up quite a bit, over 200 competitors before and after the shoot, will make it a VERY long day

Certainly, if there is only one chrony!!! :lol:
AA-TX200HC + Sightron SIII 10-50x60
User avatar
doki
MFTSZ versenyző
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 2009.12.01. 23:21
Location: Budapest

Re: Chronograph

Postby L-S-R » 2010.04.23. 23:19

Will scales be available to be used to check pellets, as there are 3 totally different JSB pellet variants, each a totally different weight. :?:
L-S-R
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 2010.02.11. 16:11

Re: Chronograph

Postby doki » 2010.04.26. 00:16

L-S-R wrote:Will scales be available to be used to check pellets, as there are 3 totally different JSB pellet variants, each a totally different weight. :?:

Did you read section 7 in the rulebook? Please :rtfm:
AA-TX200HC + Sightron SIII 10-50x60
User avatar
doki
MFTSZ versenyző
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 2009.12.01. 23:21
Location: Budapest


Return to English Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 104 on 2017.12.06. 03:58

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Copyright © 2009 Afterburner - Free GPL Template. All Rights Reserved.