Course set up

Course set up

Postby L-S-R » 2010.02.13. 12:20

Hi all,
Just to say well done to all involved in the organisation of the World FT Championships 2010 so far, excellent website and a forum also, very informative. :up: :D 8)

A quick question about the course to those involved.
I have read your rules, and it states that targets i.e. 15mm, 25mm and 40mm will be used to 20m, 35m and 40 m. Will compulsory disciplines i.e. kneeling and standing also use this format? :?:
Also there is no mention as to the maximum amount of reducer style targets that will be used on the course, do you guys use many reducers in a 50 target course?

Thanks Conor
L-S-R

Re: Course set up

Postby L-S-R » 2010.02.13. 13:19

I forgot to introduce myself, I am Conor McFlynn, I shoot FT in Ireland and will be competing in the individual, open PCP event (12ft/lb). I shoot a Steyr LG110 with Big Nikko 10-50x60.
With regard to the 40mm targets I was mistaken I meant 50m.
L-S-R

Postby Dino » 2010.02.13. 18:09

L-S-R wrote:Hi all,
Just to say well done to all involved in the organisation of the World FT Championships 2010 so far, excellent website and a forum also, very informative. :up: :D 8)

A quick question about the course to those involved.
I have read your rules, and it states that targets i.e. 15mm, 25mm and 40mm will be used to 20m, 35m and 40 m. Will compulsory disciplines i.e. kneeling and standing also use this format? :?:
Also there is no mention as to the maximum amount of " that will be used on the course, do you guys use many reducers in a 50 target course?

Thanks Conor

Hi Conor,

There is no special rules distances of kneeling and standig positions. If some course-builder set some standing target to 35m with 25mm KZ we kill him as soon as possible :evil: So, usually standing and kneeling targets are a little bit closer and bigger KZ. And we'll see in World FT Championship :)

Dino
HFT/FT: Daystate Panther - Edgar Bros 10x42
HFT: Daystate MK4St - Edgar Bros 10x42
Dino
MFTSZ Elnök

Postby kzozee » 2010.02.13. 19:03

Yeah, we more easily hit him :evil:
kzozee

Postby L-S-R » 2010.02.13. 20:41

There is no special rules distances of kneeling and standig positions,...usually standing and kneeling targets are a little bit closer and bigger KZ. And we'll see in World FT Championship

Yeah thanks Dino, but the problem is what can we expect come the time of the Championships, I want to avoid unexpected surprises! :shock:
Conor
P.S. What colour od blue do you use dark or light, and what colour are your killzones?
L-S-R

Postby doki » 2010.02.13. 21:49

L-S-R wrote:
There is no special rules distances of kneeling and standig positions,...usually standing and kneeling targets are a little bit closer and bigger KZ. And we'll see in World FT Championship

Yeah thanks Dino, but the problem is what can we expect come the time of the Championships, I want to avoid unexpected surprises! :shock:
Conor
P.S. What colour od blue do you use dark or light, and what colour are your killzones?

Hey Guys, According to out new rules the compulsory positions may only have 40 mm KZ targets. Bu the distance is not specified. There is no special rule for the percentage of the reducers quantity, but I think this will be around 50% ot the targets. The reduced size KZ-s will follow the rules that you have mentioned.
AA-TX200HC + Sightron SIII 10-50x60
doki
MFTSZ versenyző

Postby sörnyitó » 2010.02.13. 21:50

L-S-R wrote:Yeah thanks Dino, but the problem is what can we expect come the time of the Championships, I want to avoid unexpected surprises! :shock:
Conor

Hi Conor,
normally the plate is black and the KZ is yellow. I'm pretty sure that there will be no blue plates on the Worlds. We are using them just when there are 7.5J air rifles in the competition.
As you know there are no standard rules, or there are just a few, but I think the course builders will try to follow the international practices. I dont think that anybody will put let say a 25mm KZ to 30 meters as a stander. Just maybe as a kneeler... :mrgreen:
Regards, Tamas
Oh, I am trying to find a picture about a blue target, and I will send it to you.
sörnyitó
MFTSZ versenyző

Postby doki » 2010.02.13. 21:52

sörnyitó wrote:
L-S-R wrote:Yeah thanks Dino, but the problem is what can we expect come the time of the Championships, I want to avoid unexpected surprises! :shock:
Conor

Hi Conor,
normally the plate is black and the KZ is yellow. I'm pretty sure that there will be no blue plates on the Worlds. We are using them just when there are 7.5J air rifles in the competition.
As you know there are no standard rules, or there are just a few, but I think the course builders will try to follow the international practices. I dont think that anybody will put let say a 25mm KZ to 30 meters as a stander. Just maybe as a kneeler... :mrgreen:
Regards, Tamas
Oh, I am trying to find a picture about a blue target, and I will send it to you.

Sorry Guys, I made a mistake. We were talking about that during the board meeting, that there should only be 40 mm KZ targets for compulsory positions, but this idea was declined...
So at present any size of KZ can be placed for standing or kneeling according to the KZ size - distance rules. :(
doki
MFTSZ versenyző

Postby L-S-R » 2010.02.14. 01:53

Thanks Doki,
as long as the rule is in place we can be prepared for it! Half the course will/could be reducers! :shock: So face plates will be all black in colour for the 12 ft/lb competitors?
Conor
L-S-R

Postby doki » 2010.02.14. 09:06

L-S-R wrote:Thanks Doki,
as long as the rule is in place we can be prepared for it! Half the course will/could be reducers! :shock: So face plates will be all black in colour for the 12 ft/lb competitors?
Conor

Yes. Black face plates with Yellow or Orange or Silver KZ colous.
doki
MFTSZ versenyző

Next

Return to English Forum